* Protect Your Computer: Never download software or games without permission from your parent or teacher. Some downloads can contain viruses that can cause serious harm to your computer and network.
* Protect Your Privacy: Never give out private information about yourself. Private information is your real name, nickname or initails, your address or phone number, where you go to school, or pictures of you. Also never share your password, even with your best friend.
* Protect the Privacy of Others: You shouldn't share other's private information either. Private information of others such as where your parents work or their credit card information, or what school your neighbor teaches at or their address.
* Always be Polite: Never use bad words, say mean things or spread rumors or lies. Never answer a message that makes you feel uncomfortable. Show the message to your parent or teacher right away.
* Beware of Contects, Clubs, Prizes and Gifts: Always ask permission from your parent or teacher before you enter a contest, join a club, accept a prize or gift, or buy anything.
* Beware of Strangers: The person you are chatting with may not be telling the truth. Say NO! if someone asks to meet you in person, asks to call you on the phone, or asks for your picture. If someone asks any of these things DON'T WAIT tell your parent or teacher right away.